This agency was originally established in October, 1923. Our first official name as "Boone Township Volunteer Fire Department" and we later incorporated in 1964 and became known as "Hebron Volunteer Fire Department, Inc." Some of our first equipment that was acquired included a 1923 Obenchain Boyer Chemical Firetruck, which we still own today.
The Hebron Volunteer Fire Department protects 86 square miles and approximately 8,500 residents living amongst commercial, residential & agricultural areas. Our 100% Volunteer organization currently protects the Town of Hebron, Boone Township in Porter County and a portion of Eagle Creek Township in Lake County, Indiana. The present day fire station, located at 109 N. Washington has been our home since 1983. In 2015 the station was remodeled and a 40x70 addition was added to fill the need for our growing fleet. The renovation was partially funded by Porter County Commissioner Laura Blaney and the remaining was funded by the Hebron Redevelopment Commission.
Fire Chiefs Since 1936
- Chad Franzman 2008 - current
- Dave Wilson 1990 - 2007
- Richard Bell 1985 - 1990
- Al Stembel 1979 - 1985
- Don Fry 1972 - 1979
- Charles Stineburg 1957 - 1972
- Monte Morrow 1941 - 1957
- Charles B. Lightfoot 1936 - 1941